Following on from my previous post, the finding simple team had a great weekend attending WordCamp Australia 2008 in Sydney over the weekend.
The location was perfect, there were lots of like minded people doing similar work in the web design space, the food was delicious, the free wifi was flawless and everyone received a funky free t-shirt upon arrival!
Matt’s presentation was easily the highlight of the conference, closely followed by presentations by
- Dan Milward who spoke about experiences with the WP-eCommerce plugin;
- Jane Wells who spoke about the upcoming version 2.7 release of WordPress (we’ll be doing free upgrades for all existing clients when it comes out!);
- Sam Bauers who spoke about his pet project “Prolouge Projects” – a great looking theme which lets teams of people collaborate and track tasks easily;
- Jeff Waugh who spoke about his love of WordPress and his work on Crikey!; and
- Alister Cameron who stirred up bit of a debate on licensing and the GPL.
In a nutshell – it was great to see so much love for and enthusiasm for the ongoing development of WordPress – it can only mean great things for WordPress and WordPress Community.